so it’s been, oh about 6ish weeks since i’ve bothered to formulate any words on this ol’ “blog” (ha).
here’s the all-too-brief* but relevant details of the past month and a half of my life:
- ellis levi was born on august 9.
- mom, dad, harley, delilah were pretty much over the moon right away.
- the delivery was amazing, the high better than any drug (i’ve tried, at least).
- i actually pulled him out of me. i mean sorry for the tmi i guess but that was really fucking cool. so it demands to be shared.
- labor was about 12 hours all told, and only a few hours were truly terrible, so that’s pretty good.
- he’s nursing, so that’s already something new and different from the other two. it’s been … not without its trials but it’s going, and that’s important to me, so i’ll take it.
- the kid does NOT like to nap. i’m typing this, sitting at the computer in my office at home, without a baby in my arms for the first time in at least the last three weeks.** i’m not sure how it happened today, and words can’t express how much i hope we can make this happen again, and so in case it doesn’t, this will be all i’ve got for another few weeks.
- late summer / early fall is definitely a LOVELY time to be home with a baby. a part of me misses the amazing silent hush of winter… it’s just so perfect for newborn snuggles… but getting out and about in beautiful weather has been beyond AMAZING for my mental health and my physical health, as well.
- seriously, i don’t even know what to do with myself right now. i’d like to go take a shower but he’s already been sleeping for like an hour and a half and i have a feeling the second i go upstairs he’ll start wailing. argh.
- hmm anything else you’d like to know? anything else you’d like to update me on? i haven’t kept up and i miss you! what’s new with you?!
*ok fine not actually that brief at all… brevity is not something i’m good at.
**oh sure, i can put him down. just not on any surface/baby containment device in our actual house. he’s a BIG fan of being on the move, so we take lots of walks. except that living in the suburbs, which i mostly do love, walks around the neighborhood get kind of boring. so we go to target, or the downtown of the next town over (with the starbucks and the banana republic), or the mall. it’s gotten a little …expensive.